Monday, April 26, 2010

Influential Designer- refined thesis

Milton Glaser is the modern day "renaissance man" and is an excellent example of someone who has been successful and innovative in constantly seeking new avenues of design to explore.

In my paper and presentation I want to highlight and explain the amazing designs of Milton Glaser, and go a step further to show how he has not limited himself by sticking to one medium or style. His passionate and hard-working attitude has made him successful and inspirational to all up-coming designers. I really like someone like Milton because he never become complacent and always worked harder. I respect a mind like his because I feel he has really "stretched it" and used all of it. I like how he can't be "pinned down" to one style, but is constantly evolving and unafraid to try new things. I want to relate that because we have "liberal" educations were already have a good start at being designers. We have not focused on only one thing, but hopefully our background will be sources of inspiration.

My sources:

"The Design of Dissent" by Milton Glaser

The Thames and Hudson encyclopaedia of graphic design and designers /
by Livingston, Alan.; Livingston, Isabella.

http://rogallery.com/Glaser_Milton/Glaser-bio.htm

http://www.oswego.edu/graphics-projects/art317/glaser2/pages/bio.html


http://metroartwork.com/milton-glaser-biography-artwork-m-218.html


(I'm needing to find more books, waukegan & carthage library don't seem to have books solely on him)

No comments:

Post a Comment